Welcome.

Elephant Cove, Denmark, Western Australia.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Things First.

I have taken the van down to the mechanics to have the starter motor fixed or replaced.  He will also look at it and tell me if anything serious is wrong.  That will mean that I will then have no excuse not to go somewhere by myself as I won't have to worry too much about getting out and banging the thing myself.  It was like, in, out, bang, in, out, bang, in...you get the drift.  It is easier with 2 of us, one banging and 1 turning the key but this will get rid of that hassle

When it comes back I will give it a good scrub inside.  I have finally managed to take out the bed platform that was in there and it has had a wipe-over but it has travelled up north and there is still red dust that can be seen in places.

I took out the small seat from the back last night and Hubby showed me how to turn the other one around.  It seats 4 now instead of 5 but 2 in the front and 2 in the back is fine.  Taking the single seat out has given me a lot more room getting in and out the side door and if I want we can take out the other seat as well but that will depend on if I think I will use it with passengers or if it will be just a *camping car*

And that's what I will be doing, thinking...about what I want in it, what I need, how to set things up.  Do I want a platform for the bed or will a mattress on the floor be good enough?   Will I need to use a sink and stove inside?  I will be reading a few blogs and things to get ideas from people who have done it already. 

There are some clever adventurous adventurers out there.  I want to be one of them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment