Welcome.

Elephant Cove, Denmark, Western Australia.

Friday, October 7, 2011

No Van But Lotsa Goodies.

It's been nearly a month since I posted about getting the van back *in a week or 2*  
Plans change and it didn't happen but it WAS going to happen today. 
But it didn't. 
It will now be another 2 weeks.

But, the daughter that is borrowing my van is in town for the weekend and today she came for a visit and because she was expecting to return my van she brought presents.  As a thankyou for me lending her Wanda.  So no van but lots of thankyou gifts.  How cool is that.

The fruit cake is yummy.  So are the Mulberries.  There are still a few Loquats left.  I will look through the books tomorrow and some of the lentils will be sprouted for lunches and some will be planted out.

It was worth being without the van just to get all these goodies.  I will freeze some of the fruitcake so I will have some left to take on my first adventure when I get the van back.  I know exactly where I will be going and coffee and cake, overlooking the river, will be something to look forward to.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Barb

    Just found your blog again. Have enjoyed catching up on your stories. I love the goodies your daughter gave you, the fruit cake looks yummo. I feel myself getting excited hearing your plans. I have not travelled and my ill health precludes me from many things, but travelling around by van would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter I am going to try and sell my Class C and do up some sort of van. It will be much cheaper and get me to more places

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan and JoJo, thankyou for reading me.
    I'm wanting to go somewhere and so hoping I get my van back soon.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete