Welcome.

Elephant Cove, Denmark, Western Australia.

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Stop Sooking And Just Do It.

So I really wanted to go away for my birthday.  By myself if I had to.  And as husband was going to be away working then I had to.  So I decided that I would.  I'd go down to Hamlin Bay to see the stingrays.  My birthday was a few weeks away so I had to decide where to go, where to stay, how long to go for, what to do while there, get the van packed...  

Then I sooked out and wasn't going to go, so I sooked because I'm such a sook I can't do things I want to.  

Talked to people, read blogs and Facebook groups where people are doing it all the time and decided I'd go anyway, even if I was scared of boogymens.  So I was gunna go.  And then there were storm warnings.  Was going to be big storms. So I sooked about that, cause there was no point going as I wasn't going to drive anywhere in a storm and if I couldn't do anything while there what was the point.  

Two days beforehand the storm warnings dropped, might be a bit of weather but should be OK so maybe I could go... 

My birthday was the Wednesday and if I was going to go I'd drive down Tuesday, car camp Tuesday and Wednesday night and come home Thursday.  

Sunday night and I still hadn't definitely decided.  I worked Monday, had the grandkids after that and was so whacked I didn't get time to get the car ready so hummed and hahhed about going.  Woke up Tuesday morning knowing I was going to go so rang and booked a site.  Then had to rush around getting everything ready.  Clean out the car, get food and drinks, get the portloo set up, get lights, kinda tidy the house before I left, rushrushrush and then I was ready.  I was going.  Now, could I drive 3 hours without falling asleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment