Welcome.

Elephant Cove, Denmark, Western Australia.

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Good roads, fast car, no time to sleep.

I was worried about driving 3 hours as I get tired and can fall asleep if I shut my eyes so I had a few places noted as stops for a stretch

First stop was Boyanup, an hour from home, there are clean toilets here so I made use of them, walked around a bit, had a drink then on my way again.

I had my route all mapped out in my head so turned off at Boyanup and drove down through to Bussell Highway.  Well some of that road is so straight and smooth I either got a flash with a speeding fine or the cop was just being friendly and flashed to say hello please slow down.  I was slowing down, trying to get to the 100 speed limit from 130 the car was going seconds beforehand!   Such a long straight smooth road...

Turned onto Bussell Highway where they are still doing roadworks, hohum, so many places where I needed to be going slower than I was.  If they had speed cameras set up every few kilometres I'd have gotten 127 speeding fines!  So then I am on Sues Road and wow, what a long straight smooth road that is!  So oops again!  And again.  No friendly cops or cameras anywhere so lucky with that. 

And Brockman Highway, another long, straight, smooth road... 

It didn't take long to get onto Bushby then Caves Road and as the speed here is only 80 and the roads are windy and are covered in shadows from all the trees it was hard to get up to speeding speed, 

It was a good drive and as I was so intent on keeping an eye on the speedo I didn't get time to fall asleep. 

I blame the car I was driving, it gets faster much quicker than my old Rav.  Husband says I shouldn't blame the car for getting up to 120, he is right of course, it's the long straight smooth roads at fault, nothing to do with me being a leadfoot.  I do wonder how many speeding fines will come through the post though...

No comments:

Post a Comment